As the leading regional trading hub, Dubai offers access to a market of outstanding potential for overseas companies in a wide range of sectors.
Among its key characteristics are:
- A Potential market: more than $17 billion in domestic imports annually; gateway to a $150 billion p.a. 2 billion population regional import market
- A Scaling market: Dubai’s imports have more than doubled since 1989; regional economic growth and liberalization is set to boost demand
- A prosperous market: strategic location at the heart of one of the world’s richest regions
- A diversified market: wide import requirements; opportunities for suppliers of most products-
- Market Accessibility: served by more than 170 shipping lines and 120 airlines
- Free trading: no exchange controls, quotas or trade barriers
Dubai offers investors all the advantages of a highly developed economy. Its infrastructure and services match the highest international standards, facilitating efficiency, quality and service. Among the benefits are:
- Highly developed transport infrastructure
- State-of-the-art telecommunications
- Sophisticated financial and services sector
- Top international exhibition Trade & conference venue
- High quality office and residential accommodation
- Reliable power, utilities etc.
- Top class hotels, hospitals, schools and shops
- Cosmopolitan lifestyle.